Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review of "Not My Type" by Melanie Jacobson

Available at Beehive Books

Not My Type
by Melanie Jacobson

A 2011 Whitney Award finalist in the Romance category

Reviewer: Vickie Ricks, the Queen Bee

My Summary:  This is a story of a 23-year-old young woman who calls off her engagement to a man who has asked her to give up what she wants to do with her life to support him in his pursuits.  After the second time of almost making it to the wedding day, she calls it off for good and leaves herself with a huge wedding debt and is still living at home.  Unlike most of us, she has a live-in therapist--her dad.  He challenges her to count her blessings by acknowledging those around her who have blessed her life and to set career goals.  She accepts the challenge, but on the way to fulfilling her goals she manages to botch a job interview and inadvertently stumbles into love.

My Thoughts: This was a fast page turner for me.  I loved the funny way the author approaches situations that we all have found ourselves in at one time or another.  Great book for those who love to love!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!