Friday, March 23, 2012

Review of "Gifted" by Karey White

Available in e-book and paperback from Beehive Books

Gifted
by Karey White

This book is a 2011 Whitney Awards finalist in the General category.

Reviewer(s): Vickie Ricks, the Queen Bee; Celeste Estes, daughter of the Queen Bee

My Summary: After many years of hoping and praying for a child of their own, the Wellers decide that it just isn’t going to happen and try their hand at adoption.  They are given the opportunity to adopt a baby girl who has to be delivered when both of her parents are killed in a car accident.  After just one look, Susan Weller knows this is what she has been hoping for all her life.  But as the baby grows, Susan realizes that something is different with her baby girl.  The child is gifted in a most unusual way.  In trying to protect her child from undue notice, she creates more problems for their family.

My Thoughts: I loved this book.  It is among my favorites, maybe because I am the proud mother of six children who in each of his or her own ways is Gifted.  The storyline in this book will touch even the coldest of hearts.  It is a story that has a message of family, sacrifice, and hope for the future.

Celeste's Thoughts:  I really liked this book.  It had a profound message of love and service.  At first I was not sure how "supernatural" the story would be due to the special gifts of the daughter, but it turns out that it was meant to be something that could really happen.  I liked that.

However, this is somewhat of a touchy feely book.  If you want to be entertained instead of inspired, you will probably prefer suspense or science fiction.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!